Good morning Santa Anna,
Yesterday afternoon we received notice of a student that tested positive for COVID-19. We knew it was inevitable that the virus would find its way to SAISD with the recent increases in Brown and Coleman counties. After consultation with Dr. Atwood, our Coleman County health official, we will operate with the following quarantine support for our students:
For casual close contact (example: in the class together):
- Students may return immediately with a negative Covid test and no symptoms
- Students may quarantine at SAISD – we will have a quarantine room where students will Zoom or communicate electronically to continue learning.
- Parents may elect to quarantine students at home, returning after 10 days.
For consistent close contact (example: live in the same house, played a few hours of video games together, spent an hour together in a vehicle)
- Student may return after 7 days with a negative Covid test
- Students may return after 10 days
To avoid quarantine completely:
- Students that are vaccinated (for older students)
- Students that wear masks
Our goal is to continue educating our students to the best of our ability. Students that are present in class have a higher success rate in learning the content. Keep washing your hands and social distancing and hopefully we can navigate the second wave of COVID-19.