During school closure for COVID-19, please contact Miss Fitzpatrick at 325.348.3136 ext. 240 or email@example.com if you need assistance with section 504 services. We will help any way possible.
If you need me to call and read with your child, I will. If you need me to Face Time or Zoom with your child to orally administer an assignment or test, I will. I will be happy to record a reading of an assignment for your child to listen to as needed. Whatever you or your student needs, I will do my best to make it happen.
Please also check individual teacher websites for resources that may help your student with their accommodations.
Suggestions for Accommodations at home include:
Oral Assistance/Oral Testing/Oral Assistance
- Offer to send a recording of yourself reading the assignment
- Zoom meetings /Face Time to read the assignments
- Videos of you reading the assignment
- Websites that read books, or assignments aloud
Frequent Misspelled Word List
- This should be sent home in packet or via email.
- Allow students more time, an extra day, to complete an assignment
- Send an example of how to break the work up into sections to complete over a time span instead of one sitting
- Manually divide packets up into sections/days
- Post or email the student how to chunk online assignments
- Modify all assignments just as you would in a classroom.
- Only assign a necessary amount of work to determine if the concept is mastered
- Post online notes
- Take a picture of your notes and post or email to student
- Send a copy home in packet of your notes
Reteach Difficult Concepts
- Send home multiple examples or steps for students to understand in more than one way
- Post multiple videos over the same concept for students to see in a variety of ways
Spelling Mistakes Allowed
- Don’t count off for spelling
- Make copies to include in packets
- Post on website for reference
- Post multiple resources and links for students to use
Calculator & Manipulatives
- Send home a calculator, post a link to a calculator similar to the ones at school
- Send home manipulatives checked out to student
- Post manipulative video or resources student may refer to
Useful forms and links for Section 504:
Child Find Notice
Notice of Rights and Procedural Safeguards for Disabled Students and Their Parents