- Santa Anna High School
- Texas Tech University, Bachelor of Science - Geology/Geophysics
- Sul Ross State University/Angelo State University - Master of Education
- Teacher Certification, Texas State University/Angelo State University
- Principal Certification, Sul Ross State University/Angelo State University
- Superintendent Certification, Angelo State University
- Coleman ISD - CAP High School 1989
- Santa Anna ISD 1991- present
Mr. Robinett received his Superintendent Certification from Angelo State University in June, 2011; his Master's degree in School Administration from Sul Ross State and Angelo State Universities in 2005. Mr. Robinett also receive his BS in Geology and composite Geophysics from Texas Tech University in 1983 and his Teacher Certification from Angelo State University in 1988.
Mr Robinett began his educational career with Coleman ISD at CAP High School in 1989, where he was the science, metal trades, and automotive technology teacher. In January of 1991 he accepted a position as science teacher/coach at Santa Anna ISD, where he "has had the privilege of serving for the past twenty-nine years". During this time he has served the district as a teacher (12 yrs), coach, athletic director (5 yrs), high school principal (13yrs), and Superintendent. During the time he has been employed at Santa Anna, he has hosted numerous junior high and high school District Tennis meets, and several District UIL Academic contests. He has served as Contest Manager for Zone, District, and Area One Act Play contests, as well as CX Debate contests. Mr. Robinett has also served as District Chairman for Football, Volleyball, and Basketball. "I believe this diverse background, along with my regular duties as superintendent, has given me a chance to experience almost every aspect of education here at Santa Anna ISD."
In the fall 2017 the Santa Anna Chamber of Commerce named Mr. Robinett its Citizen of the Year.